We at Topline Mullingar Hardware updated our Privacy Statement as we respect your right to protect your personal information and as such are committed to complying to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which took effect on 25/05/2018.
What information does Topline Mullingar Hardware collect?
- We collect information from you when you place an order or communication such as email.
- When ordering, we ask you for your name, email address, mailing address & phone number.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.
How do we use your information?
· To quickly process your transactions.
· To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
· Only when consent is given, we will notify you about enhancement to our services, such as changes to the site, new services and special offers that may be of interest. We will always ensure the content we send to you is informative and written with you in mind to ensure it adds value.
The GDPR states,
1. ‘The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest.’
This may be where consent is not viable or not preferred, though the Data Protection Network rightly stresses the fact that organisations will still need to show that there is a balance of interests
– their own and those of the person receiving the marketing.
Of course, any individual can object to direct marketing and it is one of the examples of legitimate interests for which objection is already fairly well understood and easy to action (often by unsubscribe link or by contacting the company in question to request).
2. Relevant and appropriate relationship
This may be a direct appropriate relationship, such as where the individual is a client.
3. Reasonable expectations
We will always aim to provide a clear method for you to opt out. You can unsubscribe or opt out of being kept up to date about our product information as well as industry updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in email correspondence. You can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to tell us not to send you any future marketing material.
You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Your rights include the following as per Articles 15-21 of the GDPR Guidelines:
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Sharing your data with third parties
Topline Mullingar Hardware will only share information with third parties who help us with the delivery of our service to our customers. Any information shared will be strictly necessary for the provision of the service they help us provide. Any third party which Topline Mullingar Hardware work with and share information with will be expected to have the same standard of data protection as Topline Mullingar Hardware does and will be contractually obligated to use measures to protect this information.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to email@example.com. You may also write to us or call us at Topline Mullingar Hardware Stores Ltd, Zone A, Mullingar Business Park, Mullingar, County Westmeath, N91FK4X, 044-9340344.